Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Facebook Login: Quick Tip – Searching For A Specific Post

When Facebook introduced their updated search graph a couple years ago, one of the capabilities was the ability to search for posts from a specific person or even posted by you. As an example, I wrote a few haikus on Facebook a while back and I wanted to show them to my daughter while she was in the process of writing a haiku for school. In order to do that, I needed to search my own posts for the keyword “haiku”.
To do this, I simply typed “Posts by me with Haiku” and Facebook returned all posts where I was the author and I included the word “haiku”. Don’t judge my poetry.
Facebook graph search allows you to conduct queries of your old posts or even previous posts publshed by friends
Can find the awesome infographic that one of your friends posted about social media community management? Just use a query like “Posts by my friends social media management” or even “Posts liked by me social media management”. While most people use the search function to find friends, it really does offer a pretty robust content search capability.
There you have it. Search capability that allows you to find those posts you were looking for or had maybe even forgotten about.  If you really want to dig in and learn more about Facebook search and all of it’s robust commands, there’s a pretty good help section on Facebook dedicated just to search.
Hope that helps others out there!

----
by: Sean Nicholson
-----
Let facebook login helps you create your Facebook account and communicate with your family, friends. Thank you! 

1 comment:

  1. From the developer portal homepage select Apps -> Create a New App and enter the Display Name for your app and the Category applicable to your app and click Create App. wwwfacebook.com login

    ReplyDelete